Wednesday, July 21, 2010

YAY I have internet!!

I have been without Internet for ohhhh about 5 days. Mind you no international phone plan, or a local phone.... so my calls home have been expensive... sorry dad!! I'm heaving a blasty blast.

Okay Australia updates.

Vegemite... I've now determined is repulsive.
Toilets have two push buttons... like a half and a full flush
Pickles... they really don't have dill pickles :( but I'm making due
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches... they don't eat them regularly
Kangaroos... they are as obnoxious as deer in Texas and people often hit them (but I am yet to see one, really!?!)
Internet... they have a maximum download. its quite bizarre, and no one seems to think twice about it. we have 25 gigs at home

And most importantly... driving on the wrong side of the road!!!

Here's my experience. I'm a pro. My biggest hiccups are the blinkers. These people blink at every opportunity. Even reversing from a parking spot in a parking lot. So I really have to work on it. Also they have an inordinate number of traffic circles. I am going to need to sketch a diagram and upload it to explain the blinking patterns required for a right hand turn. Geez its complicated. The good news is. Since I'm dyslexic, all the backwardsness suites me!

I have more language updates, but I'll do that tomorrow. So you can familiarize yourself with the Aussie lingo and slang!!

Um my unimportant life updates. I've been here a week. I joined the local gym. I've been doing a ton of reading about 4 books since I arrived. I will soon have a phone. I think all the hot Aussie men are hiding. K LOVE EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment