Sunday, November 18, 2012

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

Yesterday reached over 100F and I was dying. Just so stinking hot. The air conditioning in the front half of the house (living, kitchen, dining) decided to break. Awesome. So I spent a lot of the day in the bedroom, reading and yoga-ing.

This brings me to my next point. It's too hot to pretend Christmas is a winter wonderland. I didn't want to do a traditional tree. So I did burlap and sunflowers!

As you can see it turned into more than just sunflowers and I really went with yellow flowers. I love love love it.

How cute is the wrapping? I know. Presh. And yes I've done most of the Christmas shopping already, and wrapped them. I get serious anxiety shopping in Australia, I have a completely irrational fear that I may not be able to find what I want or it may exist but I don't know what store to go to. So I just got it all done early all at once. Not to worry I'm working on my phobia with lots of shopping!

Funny story about why my tree isn't all pretty and lit up. I bought lights, about 100 feet of them, which is wayyyyyy too many for my small 3.5 foot Christmas tree. I didn't realize that at the time. Ooops. Guess I'll hang them outside!

Not to worry just because I decorated for Christmas, I'm not ignoring my favorite holiday of all! Thanksgiving!! I'll write a post later this week about my menu and party!

Love y'all!

Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment