Friday, November 9, 2012

Where do you run?

Im currently completing couch to 5k. I'm almost done with week 4! It is an 8 week program that gets you running 5km or 30 minutes straight. It is an app on iphone and what I love about it is the audio cues over your playlist that tell you when to walk and run! I included a picture of one of my training days to give you an idea of the program.

When I am in the city I usually go to Pilates, train with my pt at a nearby lake, and do beach walks. I have a really tight IT band and find road running tough on my knee. So my farm days are my running days.

If you look closely in one of the pictures you can see kangaroos! I run on a track right next to a dry creek and a wheat field. Parts of the track are loose sand, parts are mud, parts are covered with weeds, but I love it!

There are a few thousand acres on the home farm, and it is about 3.5kms from the house to the southern boundary. It's a nice change of pace to go through such scenic country. The only thing you can't see in the pictures are the flies!! Arrrrgghhh! Those damn things swarm at you. One run last summer I swallowed 4, ew! I try to make my runs later in the day to avoid the heat and the flies. Maybe today I'll try to take a picture of them all sitting on my arms and back, yuck.

So what do your runs look like? Any perils like fly swallowing?

Xx
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment