Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm a boss.

I know two posts one day. You are over the moon!

Just an update. I am awesome. I am now advanced in Pilates and am wearing 2.5 pound ankle weights on each leg! I know. I'm a boss.

This is such an amazing achievement for me!! As someone that has struggled with lower back pain and core strength, I never thought I'd get to where I am today!

I am not saying it is easy, nor have I perfected all of the advanced techniques. But hell to the yes. I AM THERE! Eight months ago I couldn't even get through the beginner level without serious pain and agony during class and the next day. Rachael (my seester) knows this shiz is hard!

I love Pilates. You work muscles you didn't know you had. It's adaptable for any fitness level. Even if you are seriously injured or overweight (like I was 8 months ago) it is doable. Plus who doesn't love an exercise class you can do laying down?!

My recommendations, get a thick mat (or use two), find an instructor that will challenge you, make sure you have the technique down (a beginner class will teach you the right moves), and remember to focus on the target muscle group for that exercise (Pilates will only work your body as hard as your mind makes it).

Love you all!

You may applaud my accomplishment now, and hopefully very soon be appreciating my buns of steel (kidding).

Xxx
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment