Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Wedding Recap

I had the biggest blunder ever!! I booked my flights and hotel for the week after the wedding. Holy mistakeness! Luckily the airline managed to move my flight to get there.

My hotel could not be moved, and every hotel in Melbourne was fully booked. Luckily, Jono's dad was watching the bride (jonos sister) and grooms kiddies at their house (the couple was at a hotel). So I was able to sleep on the couch at their house.

Now let's stop here. Children. I'm not interested. They wake up way way too early. Like crack of dawn ridonculousness. I cannot handle that. I am 24 and have the right to be selfish and sleep as much as I can. Back to story.

I flew in at 11pm and went straight to bed, but couldn't fall asleep until 2 am.
Melbourne is 3 hours ahead of Perth. Children wake up at 6am. This put me awake at 3am by my body clock, with only 4 hours of sleep. Not cool.

Anyhow. I have a lovely picture of how I felt for your viewing pleasure. The wedding was gorgeous, and everyone was so lovely to me! I couldn't believe how welcoming they were, even though I didn't have Jono!

We drank and then we ate. Boy did we eat. It was a 4 course meal at a wonderful restaurant! I mean wonderful, and I am really critical of restaurants. It was a celebrity chef and the main delight was meat! Every course had 6-7 options, so it was a gorge fest. I'm still full.

Enjoy the pictures of the pig. A whole pig! My inner redneck came out and I ate the tail and an ear! Haha! I also had two glasses of champagne and a red wine at once, not sure how that happened.

So we partied all night and headed back to my couch. I fell asleep at 2am again. My return flight was moved to early the next morning. Not okay.

So once again with 4 hours sleep I was headed to Perth. TIRED. Those that know me, know this is bad. (highlight that I did wrangle a krispy kreme! Sadly could not make it to find my ben or Jerry)

I drove straight to the farm, took Jono his lunch, and sat on the header with him. He knew I was tired when I spontaneously started crying over pretty much nothing.

I went to bed at 8pm and woke up 12 hours later. Almost restored. Not quite. I still felt like I needed naps yesterday and today. Hopefully tomorrow I will be a hundred percent! Overall it was wonderful!! I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment