Saturday, January 19, 2013

The 17 day diet. Womp. Womp.

So I have been in a slump since Christmas. Basically eating everything in sight that is white, floury, chocolatey, fried, sugary, or says "this product is made of crap to make you fat."

I had my whirlwind trip to America last week. You can't really control your diet on an airplane. Especially with international travel, your healthy food gets confiscated, you have to fight to get enough water on the plane. All in all. It's not easy.

Combine the travel, the jet lag, the working all day, the office meeting lunches, sales team dinners, and office parties, plus eating BBQ and Mexican food. I gained 7 pounds because I was eating to stay awake and healthy choices were not a priority.

So I landed with the flu. Not cool. Haven't worked out since. Not cool. But! I started the 17 day diet! I'm looking at it as more of a cleanse. I want to stop my dependence on crappy food. I want to increase my intake of whole foods. I want to eat less sugar and carbs. I want to stop abusing my body. I want to have fun without drinking. I want to lose more weight!

The diet has some principles that I think are complete crap. Like they don't say no to diet drinks- ha. They also are okay with caffeine- really? I don't know. I've adapted it to be a basic guideline for my current diet. I've cut out carbs, except for 2 pieces of fruit before lunch. There is a list of the "best" vegetables and meats, I'm trying to stick with those.

The 7 pounds was gone in a matter of 2 days. I am guessing travel and water weight had a lot to do with it. Now I'm fighting to lose another 10 before I go back to the states, when I will probably regain a bit.

So that's where I am at. Today's game plan: Drink lots of water and herbal tea. Hopefully no sugar withdrawal headaches. Complete my first workout since returning from Texas. Clean my house. Cook a healthy and delicious stirfry. Plan my week of exercise. Cook/Prep my week of food. And then maybe go on a fox hunt with my redneck boyfriend!

What are your plans for a productive Sunday?

Love y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment