Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Umm Hi. When did I become a grownup?

So today was one of those days. I really had to pull on the big girl panties and act like a grownup.

I have meetings with execs often. It is part of my job. Due to the industry, I am generally interacting with men. Is it tough? Yes. Do I want to be taken seriously? Yes. Do I get taken seriously? I honestly don't know. I know I walk through the door, and it probably takes 5 minutes for them to realize I'm on their level :)

So it's true women have to work twice as hard to get half as far.

I'm glad I'm starting young. But this often works against me, people think I'm a rookie. Which I probably am, but I am a fast thinker and an awesome bullshitter. JK! But thinking on your feet is such an important part of any business.

I know I made mistakes at the start, but have I learned quick! My best advice: ask questions, push your ideas, learn from others, adapt and evolve business practices already in use, and believe in yourself... Eventually others will too.

Fake it til you make it!

Kisses! Love you all!

Tori

.... obviously my closets a bit messy... And need to clean that mirror...

No comments:

Post a Comment